Saturday, June 7, 2014

We Are Adding to our Herd

It was only a few weeks ago that I was saying on here that four horses were more than enough.  I should have bit my tongue then because we are already adding to our herd, or adding another herd to our home!  In February, three ponies were added to Sixteen Hands Horse Sanctuaries list of rescues.  One was a bitty baby still.  We named her Bella, because she was beautiful.

The other two ponies were her Mama which we named Mama Mia and Sophie.  Mama and Sophie were very thin.  They were all scared of humans.  As of this month, all of them had gained a nice amount of weight and Bella had really grown!


After deciding on what would be the best course of action for the ponies and what we realistically feel we can handle, we have taken on the commitment to bring them to our property.  The sanctuary will handle the financial part of the ponies, since we already have four we are responsible for, and we will do the daily care for them.  

A little back story on the ponies that I have only shared with a few until now, I saw the ponies and fell in love with them months before they came to the sanctuary.  I saw them on the property where they lived, while looking at a house we were interested in buying, and literally got out of the car to go and look at them.  Believe it or not, I do not do that.  Ever.  I love my horses and the SH horses, but I am not one to go gaga over horses just because they are horses.  I don't know what it was about them, but I was truly smitten with them as soon as I saw them.  I joked with Nathan that I wanted them, he quickly said NO and I thought that was the end of that.

Imagine my surprise when SHHS said they were going to go and rescue them and I asked if they were in such and such location and knew exactly who they were.  I would have never imagined they would really end up living with us!  Can't wait to get them here and learn how much different life is with a little one here day in day out.

In other news, I am still working on house projects very slowly...here is another peek at the dining room chairs.
I really wanted this house to be two things: comfy and fun.  So far I think we are achieving both with re-purposed items and bright colors.  Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. The new photo's of the ponies remind me of BEFORE & AFTER..... and the song, "If you could see me know"...........what a GREAT job you both are doing for God's little one's..........they needed you, Your attention, your love, your gentle caring ways, and they are in the RIGHT FOSTER HOME Ever..... Have Fun with them ;-)

    ReplyDelete