Friday, April 11, 2014

Week Five in the House

We are gearing up for the final thrust of the biggest house projects because the horses are coming soon!  This week we worked on tons more wallpapering.  I did the dining room.  Then Nathan helped me do the living room and reading room.  It made a huge difference when we were done.  Again, the place looked so much brighter and cleaner.  We also finally managed to hang kitchen and dining room curtains.

The other project I worked on was painting more furniture.  We bought a three piece set that we will use in both the dining room and the reading room.  I only have one piece painted so far, but I love how it turned out.  We still don't have any decorations up on the walls but that will just have to be done over time.  I still have to paint all the wallpaper and more furniture and redo the bathrooms.  But for now, I am thrilled that the main things I wanted to accomplish are done!
Here's some more "after" pictures of the projects I have accomplished so far.  Or maybe I should say "mid-progress" because none of the rooms beyond the kitchen are finished yet.
As of today, we started the fencing for the horses and our plans are to have them moved over here Thursday.  We are really excited and hope the preparations and transfer go very smoothly.


1 comment: